Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

I survived my first Tropical storm....

As I was dropping my bestie Karisa off at the airport, it was starting to rain, but I didn't think of it as anything more that just a thunderstorm...after I got back home and was picking up my condo from a crazy weekend with Karisa, I recieved a text from her that said her plane was delayed due to storms...again, nothing big crossed my mind...until I turned on the TV, and there she was Tropical Storm Hermaine!!! The pacing began...of course, the first thing I thought of was a hurricane....I was freakin' out!!!!  When my mom called she said that she had been watching it on the weather channel and was just telling my dad that it was headed right for Corpus Christi!!!  Needless to say, it wasn't that bad!!!  We had high winds and heavy rains, but no damage other than a few palm tree branches down!  However, Hermaine seemed to have caused more damage in San Antonio and Dallas with flooding and torandoes, even some deaths!!!  So I'm definitely counting my blessings!!!

The weekend with Karsia was another weekend to go down in history!!!  We had so much fun!!!  Mostly the weekend was spent drinking with some of my friends that I have met while down here, but it was still a blast!!


On Sunday, we decided to go over to Port Aranasas, it is a strip of land in the gulf!  We were going there to go parasailing, but when we got there the parasailing guy was closed due to "high wind".  The first thought going through our minds was, "Don't you need wind to go parasailing?", but instead we went on a dolphin excursion!  I was thinking, "If we pay this money to see dolphins and we don't see any, I'm not going to be a happy camper!"  But, within about 500 ft. from the port there they were and they would come right up to the boat!!!  It was pretty cool!!!  They dropped a net and caught a variety of fish, shrimp, and crabs!!!  It was a fun little excursion, but it was HOT!!!!



We also got to see a light house!!!!








Sunday night when we got back from Port Aranasas, we decided to eat at Joe's Crab Shack on the Marina!!  I am pretty sure that I had the best crab legs that I have had in a LONG time!!!!
It was a great weekend, and of course, I'm ready for Karisa to come back again!!!

I work this weekend for the first full weekend that I have worked since I have been down here!! I guess, it's my turn!!!  However, everyone knows that no matter where I am, I DESPISE working weekends!!!  Oh well, someone has to save lives on the weekends!!!!

The highlight: CHIEFS on Monday Night Football!!!!  Finally the Chiefs will be broadcasted in TX!!!  YAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment