Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

The HEAT is KILLING me.....

Well, I have been in Corpus for 3 weeks (time is flying), and if it weren't for the heat I would be absolutely lovin' this place!!!  I can't wait for the next month to pass and for the weather to cool off a bit!!!  The humidity is a killer, and you would never know that a person took a shower before leaving their house because it's instant sweat when you step outside!!!  I know it's hot here, when my intelligent key to my car won't work because it is so cold in buildings and hot outside!!!  I have to hold my key in my hand while I'm walking to my car to warm it up in order for it to work!!!  Oh, the little things in life that we get used too!!!
Work....it's going great!!!  The people that I work with are so much fun!!!  There are moments I feel like I haven't done anything at work because we have techs that get our blood sugars, pass out the food trays, etc...  But, it's going great!!!  The unit has been busy, so it's nice to have lots of patients and not have to worry if I'll be working the next day!!  I'm lovin' the day shift, but about 3 pm everyday, I start dragging!!!  I am getting used to paper charting again, and it's not so bad!!!  This last week JACHO was in the hospital, and I was a little nervous as I hadn't worked but 3 days on the unit, but luckily they never came to our unit!!! 
I was craving Chipotle the other day, so I asked the girls at work where one was at...and I got this look, like what the heck is Chipotle!!!  Luckily one of the girls used to live in Houston and knew what I was talking about, and they don't have one here...their version of Chipotle is called Free Bird...needless to say, I wasn't very impressed!!!  I think I might try it one more time.....we'll see!!!!
I'm a little disappointed that I don't have any pictures to post this week, I even took one off my balcony before I came to Starbucks, but it is so hot out that the lens of my camera fogged over (an everyday thing with glasses too) and the picture is blurry, so I'll make sure I have pictures to post next week!
I dare not go running in this humidity, even though there is a really pretty place to run along Ocean Dr, it is right along the ocean, but I'm sure someone will be picking me up off the sidewalk if I try it, so instead I bought a couple Jillian Michaels workout videos!!!  OMG....she is kicking my butt!!!  But, I love her and can't wait to have her killer arms!!!!
I'm off this weekend and there is a craft show going on with 137 vendors that I'm going to attend!!!  Hoping is takes up most of my Saturday!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment: