Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Simple Reminders

Yesterday's post was a little depressing, and while I have read it over and over again, the last time I read it, which was right before I opened this tab for a new post, I didn't cry.  Those tears are put away!  I made a promise to myself when I got off work this morning and crawled into bed that I was not going to shed one more tear over this situation….instead, I am going to hold my head high, move on, and remember the fun, happy times I had with the person that disappointed me.  There were soooo many great times, and I don't regret any of those moments for a second, so I will remember them and continue through this journey.

After I made this promise to myself, I was actually able to have a restful sleep, and I woke up with a smile on my face!  It's the simple little reminders that you get when you are down that help with your healing.

The ones that I received today were:
*a snap chat from my sister of the cutest little nephew ever with the biggest smile on his face
*a friend that posted a "Brave" saying on Facebook that actually made my heart smile
*a delicious blended ice coffee that I made…oh boy was is yummy
*puppy kisses when I opened my eyes and saw the cutest little face just waiting for me to wake up
*a smile from a stranger when I was out walking Mia

This day is a new day…and I, my friends will conquer it!




1 comment: