Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

San Francisco: The Girls



As I finish up my recap of my birthday trip to the Fog City, I thought I would take a moment to thank each and everyone of the girls that jumped on the bandwagon without a second thought back in July when I started planning it!  They never questioned the trip and couldn't wait until the day we actually left.  We talked about it for months, then it was time to board the departing plane, then we arrived in the city, and now we are each back to our daily lives of work, kids, husbands, and more work!  This trip was amazing due to each of the girls that were more than excited to join in on the fun!

Sarah
Sarah and I go way back to high school, even though we didn't actually go to school together, we went to the same church.  Through our youth group we went on many trips together as teenagers, and then college came and we went to different schools.  I applied to nursing school and got my acceptance letter, but little did I know that this girl who I never kept in contact with would be joining me in nursing school!  After we started nursing school, we were inseperable and the best of friends.  Not to mention, late night study buddies for 2 solid years!  I love this girl, and was so happy when she said she would go on the trip with me....out of all of the people I invited, I really didn't think Sarah would go because she is a wife and mommy...but she was so excited and had a blast in San Fran!  Thanks for taking time out from being mommy to celebrate with me.  I loved having you there, you are the greatest friend!

Sarah and I when she lived in Miami and I went to visit.  We thought it was sooo cool to smoke a little hooks!  


Lexie
Lexie and I met when I walked into the Delta Zeta house my first semseter of college and we hit it off right away!!!  When we got in trouble with cops the next semester she was always looking out for me!  She graduated before I did, but we always kept in touch and even lived together for 2 years when I moved to KC.  Lexie was there for me during good times and bad, and when I look back at our time as roomies, we laughed a ton!  Thank you so much for coming on this trip!  I know that I can always count on you!  My favorite quote from the trip came out of your mouth, "We're not assholes, we're your best friends." Touche my friend, touché!


Amanda
Amanda and I went to school together from Kindergarten to walking across the stage together at our high school graduation.  This girl will make you laugh until you cry!  She introduced herself to the rest of the girls with, "Hi, I'm Amanda and I have no filter.  I lost it at birth."  And it's true, Amanda does not have a filter so you can imagine the amount of laughs she caused on this trip!  She was the first one to jump on the band wagon and sent her money to me in lightening speed!  She was so excited to go, and I am so glad that she went!  Thank you so much for going, I had a blast with you and your no filter!  Laughing...that is what you make me do best!


Rosa
When I walked into my new employee orientation here in Denver, I scoped the group to see if I would have a new friend...and when Rosa opened her mouth about hypothermia protocol, I knew that we would be working in the ICU together. We had lunch everyday of orientation and then she saw a picture of my dog who was a little tiny pup then, and it was over!  She has become one of my very best friends and I am so glad that this hospital brought us together! We are oh so different, but oh so much a like!  We have went on road trips, met each other's families, and have many mutual friends! Thank you so much for joining us!  I loved having you there!  Thanks for being such a great friend!


Sabra
When I first met Sabra she answered the phone at work and I heard, "CICU this is Zebra." And I thought to myself, "Who in the world names their child Zebra." All night long I tried to glance at her name tag, but could never see it.  I went home thinking her name was Zebra...I was oh so wrong...THANK GOODNESS!!  Sabra and I talked and talked after that and she got me into cycling. The next summer we spent many hours and miles on our saddle and become great friends!  Sabra calms down my drama and anxiety because she is not any of the above!  She is also the best drinking buddy/wine sipping girl a friend one could ask for!  Thanks for coming to San Fran, I know you love that city and I was so happy you came!  I know the first day was difficult for you due to lack of sleep, but no one would have ever known it!  I can't wait for our case of wine to arrive!!!  Here's to sipping fabulous vino!


Star
Star is Sarah's cousin and we met when we were both in Sarah's wedding.  She moved to good ole western KS, and we would run into each other every now and then!  When Sarah was talking about the trip, Star asked if she could go and I am so glad that she did!  She fit right in like she had known us forever!  Thank you for speaking up and saying you wanted to come along!  I really enjoyed your company and dance moves!



Kathryn
Kathryn is my cousin and we are only about 2 months apart...her 30th is coming up at the end of January.  She has lived in CA all her life and we don't see much of each other, so I knew that I couldn't go to San Fran without including her when she only lives 45 minutes away!  I was so happy that she took off Friday and came to the city to hang out with us all day and all night!  It's always great to catch up with her!  Thank you so much for spending my birthday with me!  I can't wait until we see each other again!!!



I have to say that I have the best friends in the world...the ones that came on the trip and the ones that were unable to come.  I received many birthday wished from the friends that were unable to make it.  After Amanda decided to record me passed out on the ferry back to San Fran after the wine tour she sent it to my sister, who in turn laughed and sent me a text back...I was a little intoxicated so, I replied with "These girl's are not my friends." I got a message back from her that said, "Oh, please, you have the best friends ever." She is beyond right...

No comments:

Post a Comment