Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

San Francisco: Day 2

The Winery Tour

Thursday we headed out to our winery tour in Sonoma Valley!  This day was by far my favorite day of the trip!  We had the most fun and many laughs!  However, our tour guide Hampton or Hamilton as Sarah would like to call him, was more than ready to drop us off at the ferry at the end of the day!  

We started at Larson Family Winery, where we had the cutest tour guide that was pouring birthday pours for everyone!  It was a western themed tasting room because the Sonoma County fair used to be held on the grounds of the winery.  The grapes had already been harvested, but what did we care, we just wanted the wine!  After a short tour we did more than indulge in the wine!!! 



I am pretty sure we were the most colorful group that any winery saw all day!!!

Wine tasting!!!!


The second winery was Anaba and had a gorgeous view.  I always associated a Rose wine with sweetness, and we learned at this winery that Rose is not supposed to have sugar in it or be sweet.  The Rose we had here was very tasty….however, I am pretty sure that this is were the learning stopped!  






After the second winery we headed to lunch, and when I saw that we need some substance in our bellies, I am not lying!  We went to downtown Sonoma and had a wonderful lunch at a place called Grapes.  Then we headed to Homewood Winery!  Here we had an outside tasting and had a really good tasting coach!  








Lastly we headed to Gloria Ferrer winery which specialized in sparking wine aka champagne….my favorite kind of wine out there!!!  I am positive that this winery was just about the drinking.  The guy brought us 2 bottles of champagne and we pretty much sat there, laughed, and chugged it!  We had a little mishap when Sarah laughed with a mouth full of champagne and sprayed it all over my face while I had a mouth full of champagne and inhaled the entire mouthful into my lungs…I had never had something burn so bad in my life…after a coughing fit and tears rolling down my face, all was well and we continued on with the champagne!


This is one for my favorite pics if the whole trip!!!!


This was right before the little mishap!

And we survived the wine tour…barely!!!!!  

After the wine tours we got on a ferry and rode across the bay, and let's just say that this girl doesn't remember getting off the ferry and riding a bus to a restaurant….the next thing I remembered was a bowl of clam chowder being sat down in front of me at the restaurant.  I would say we had a more that successful day in Sonoma valley!!!!  








2 comments:

  1. This is my idea of the best vacation - EVER!!!! So much fun, so many great pics. And, you look fabulous!!

    A group of girls and I went on a winery trip in this area. It was a freaking blast. Four wineries, and I seriously only really remember *tasting* the wine at the first two. The last two wineries were basically us partying like we were 21. Oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a freaking blast!!! I seriously can't wait to go on another wine tour!
      And yes, we partied like we were 21! I had so much fun!!!

      Delete