Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

San Francisco: Day 3



Happy Birthday to me!!!  November 15th marked my 30th year in this very blessed life that I was granted!  I seriously don't think that I could have asked for a better life!  I look back on my childhood, and I was so blessed.  Of course, at the time I would have bet anyone that I had the worst life ever, but in all reality, I had wonderful parents that not only loved me and my sisters with everything they had, they loved each other even more!  And, of course those sisters, they are my best friends in the entire world...not a day goes by that my little sister and I don't talk, text, or snapchat...I would be lost in this world if it wasn't for her!
Then, I look at each chapter in my life...from high school, to college, to my sorority, to nursing school, to life as an adult in the real world...and I have gained a huge amount of acquitances...even better many close friends!  My birthday would not have been complete without the friends that I have from every single aspet of my life!

The day started with some of the girl's heading to Alcatraz because they had never been there before and it is a must see if traveling to San Fran....tons of history and a beautiful view of the city!  Meanwhile, Sabra, Lexie, and I slept in, and awaited the arrival of my cousin to join us for the day!  We went to brunch and indulged in poinsettias...cranberry juice and champange....AUH-MAZING!!!

Poinsettias!!!!

Brunch!!!

A view from the top of a hill as we walked back to the condo!



We joined the other girls for a walking food tour through North Beach....Little Italy of San Fran!  We ate amazing food, learned some history, and had cake!  Now, I have to mention that I hate attention drawn to me...especially on my birthday.  Some of the girl's mentioned that it was my birthday to the tour guide, and the next thing you know the lights are dimming and a cake with candles are being brought my way while everyone starts singing...I was not impressed!  It's not that I did appreciate the gesture, I just hate that!  There is nothing worse than sitting in a mexican resturant on your birthday and here they come with a sombrero.



Parts of the walking food tour…complete with me and my birthday cake!!!


We found a champagne bar called the Bubble Lounge and it was fabulous!  We ordered up the mixed drinks, champagne, and cocktails!  I can't tell you how great the champagne was that I had!  Then I indulged in a pink lady that was just as delish! I loved the lounge feeling of the bar!!!
Later that evening we indulged in amazing seafood at Scoma's and then headed out to a club.  I have to tell ya the last time I went to a club I was probably 27...if not younger!  It was a nice club, but the men were not...well, they were annoying!  We got one kicked out because he just wouldn't leave us alone...everytime we turned around there he was, clapping, trying to dance with us, standing behind us, sneaking into spots where another girl was standing...finally security got him out of there! After lots of trying to convience the DJ to play music in the era of the ealry 2000's a fight broke out and the night was over!  As big as those security guards were you would think they would have gotten this fight under control...oh no, they were the ones that were being thrown on the ground and punch in the face. And we exited…quick!


My flight of champange
Rosa, Sarah, and I with our amazing cocktails!

Love this girl!!!  :)






 It was a great day that I got the spend with amazing girls from every aspect of my life. I loved the phone calls from my little sister's 2nd grade class singing me happy birthday, from my dad while he was gambling in Vegas, and many other phone calls, text, and facebook messages from the rest of my family and friends!

Here's to Thirty!!!!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little late)!!!
    Your day sounds awesome - even with the little touch of drama thrown in!
    All that champagne, YUM! I'm trying to find excuses as to why I think I'll need a Poinsettia tomorrow morning, and every morning thereafter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl!!! You never have to have an excuse to drink champagne! ;) Indulge all you want!

      Delete