Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Final Countdown

When I have 4 weeks left in my contract, I begin the final countdown!!  And I am to that point!!  I have 4 weeks left, and as I am counting down the days to be done at this hospital, however I am dreading the goodbyes that will come when I leave the farm!  Now is the time when my recruiter starts looking for another assignment and the whole process starts over!  We are looking in the KC area right now, and I am praying for some time with my closest friends, being a little closer to my older sister so I can go watch my nephew play football, the fall season, Chiefs football, still close to home, ect...after making that list I am more determined to get a job in KC for what could possibly be my last travel assignment. 

I posted in a previous blog that my cousin won grand champion bucket calf at the Ellis County fair, well she pulled it off again and won grand champion bucket calf at that Ellis Free Fair.  Here is a  picture of Anna and Cocoa:



At the end of July several of my best friends from college got together and had a BBQ in Topeka!!!  We always have a great time and really enjoy being around each other.  Another reason that I am hoping for an assignment in KC for the fall!  Here is a picture of some of us that were at the BBQ!



In the last few weeks, I have spent a lot of time in Oakley with my mom, dad, little sister, and brother-in-law...we have been busy!!!  My sister and brother-in-law bought a new house and we have been busy moving, cleaning, putting things away, cutting holes in walls, mounting TVs, arranging furniture, and having meltdowns!!!  Oh those funny meltdowns...we have had stomping feet, slamming doors, and f-bombs a few times...but a few hours after those meltdowns we laugh about them!!!  :)  All these things have lead us all to be a little delirious...Saturday night my dad put his foot down and said that we were stopping all this nonsense, going to church, and then going out the country club to drink whiskey...well that is exactly what we did...however some of the things that were said just didn't make sense and were just plain funny!  I mouthed off to my dad about something and his comeback was "I'm gonna slap you silly until your shit faced", well that made no sense, but I think we laughed about it until we were blue in the face!

Since my last update, I had a date with my 8 yr. old cousin and we went to The Smurfs Movie...it was really cute, and I love Neil Patrick Harris so the movie was good before it even started!! Sometimes I wish he wasn't gay...he's such a cutie!!!! 


On Saturday, in the midst of moving Tori and Darren; my mom, Tori, and I threw a baby shower for my friend Kendra.  This was the first baby shower that I have thrown so I wasn't exactly sure as to what the theme should be, what to make for food, what colors to have...so since Kendra isn't the baby boy blue type of person, I decided to go with a baby forest animal theme and have red, navy, and green as the colors!!  I thought it turned out great.  My mom was in charge of the cooking and she even tried a few new recipes...and they were a big hit!!! 





Well, I think that is about all the updates that I have right now!!!  Hopefully the next time that I blog it will be about my next assignement!!!  I am praying that it will be!!!  I hope that everyone that reads this is doing well and that life is blessing you just as much as it is blessing me and my family!!!  Happy new school year to those that are starting school this week, may God bless you with patience to put up with all those children this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment