Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm surviving...

I have survived the first two weeks of my contract in Hays!!  Orientation was like it always is...and I'm beginning to hate that I have to go through orientation every 3 months!!!  This last week I was on the floor learning the in's and out's of a rural/tertiary hospital...let me tell you that is a little different than the big hospitals that I have worked in!!  I was on floor orientation for two days and then they wasted no time to float me the first day on the floor by myself...but I guess someone's gotta do it!!  All in all, it's going great and it felt so good to get my first pay check yesterday in 3 weeks!!! 
I have also survived my first 2 weeks as a farm girl!!  I have offically moved in and taken over my aunt and uncle's upstairs of their house and their DVR!!!  I would have to say that majority of the shows that are now being recorded are mine!!!  My aunt has not failed at keeping me nice 'n plump!!!  She has made the most delicious food and she even makes it for me before I head to work! I love bragging that I got my aunt's famous cheese dip for supper one night, my little sister can't stand that I got it for supper and it's not just a special event cheese dip!!! After talking to my sister about my stay there, she has determined that my aunt takes better care of me than my mom!!!  I have also, been exposed to walking a 4-H bucket calf, going on runs/walks along country roads and seeing all sorts of wild life, toad hunting with my 8 yr. old cousin, having a dog that loves to lick my toes, and becoming closer to this part of my family!!!  I am sure that the next 11 weeks will be even better and I will be exposed to far more farm life than I ever thought I would in my entire life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment