Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Reminiscing DE...

Here I am, sitting on my balcony, drinking a cup of coffee with the waves of the Atlantic Ocean below me and thinking about my time in DE! I have less than a week here, but I am soooo ready to hit I-70, point that Murano to the west and DRIVE!!!  Often times, I go back and compare it to Corpus Christi, I'm not going to lie (and I'm not trying to offend any one in DE) but the two don't even compare!!!  Both places have had their ups and downs, I have learned alot at both jobs, and made great friends, but I was never ready to leave Corpus, but DE, I have been counting down the days for weeks, and this last week is going by ever so slowly.  Now, I truly believe that the reason I am so ready to leave DE is not because I hate it here or haven't enjoyed my time here but because of all the things that are coming up in my life back home...I get to spend a day/night with one of my best friends from college, I get to see one of my friends that I haven't seen/talked to in 3+ years (I'm REALLY excited about this one), my little sister's wedding shower/bachelorette party, the time I get to spend with my little sister in Lincoln, NE, finally meeting my recruiter that has helped me so much on this journey, spending time in my home town with my family and friends, my little sister's wedding....and finally my new assignment that is close to home...so when you compare the last three months to all those things that I get to do in a 2 weeks span, I really don't think it compares!!! 
Do I love the view of the Altantic Ocean that I get to see everyday, the beautiful sunset in the mornings, going to work and learning new things (even if one the PAs makes my blood boil and makes me laugh all in the same 2 mintues I'm talking to him), the people that I have met and spent countless hours with saving lives, shopping, eating, or just chit-chatting with, the outlet malls, the boardwalk, the small little church that I go to (ever since the bus trip with all the old people that go there, they make me feel like I'm a movie star when I walk into the Sunday morning mass celebration!!!)...yes, of courseI love all these things and never would have experienced this place without the profession that I have taken on...but honestly, I don't think I could live this far away from the sense of home that KS brings me, my friends, and my family! 
For any travel nurse that is thinking about taking an assignment in Delaware, I really do want to reassure you that it is a great place to work!  The people here are wonderful, from the locals to the vacationers...people here really do care about a complete stranger!  I had a wonderful experience with the hospital, the staff, and the patients!  Would I come back on a travel assignment...absolutely!!!!  The girl's on my floor are still begging me to sign on full-time!!!!  I am just ready to go home and am looking forward to so many things once I am home!!! 
Tomorrow, I am spending all day with the people that I work with, they have included me in on a Jimmy Buffet Tribute band festival down in Dewey Beach, so I will be spending time drinking, dancing, and listening to Jimmy Buffet all day as I look back on the time I spent in DE and all the great people I have met!!!
Well, I'm off to pack...today is loading the car day...ALL BY MYSELF (I really wish my dad was here)!!!  I am wondering if I would walk the boardwalk a couple times if I could find a hunk to help me!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment