Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

CITY GIRL to FARM GIRL

Today, is the offical day that declared I will be spending the summer in the same state as my family and friends...actually just an hour away from my home town!!! 

I told me recruiter about a month ago that I wanted to be close to home for my next assignment and she asked me how close and I said that I would would take an assignment that is as far away as 5 hours from my mom and dad, and I was thinking that was close!  So, on Tuesday when I got a text from her asking if I was at work and then another one that said "Would you consider going to Hays?" I couldn't call her back fast enough!!!  I was so excited!!! 

However, I have had some doubts that I wasn't going to get the job, since we have been working on this assignment in this hospital for 4 days, when they FINALLY called for an interview.  The other hospitals that I have submitted my profile to have called me within hours of recieving my profile.  Hays, just must be on the slower end of things, but I was so happy when they called today and offered me the job for a 13 week assignment!!! 

Hays, KS is my old stomping ground when I went to college!  I graduated from Fort Hays State University in 2006 and I never thought that I would be back in Hays to work, even if it is for a travel assignment!  I have painted that town with 4 years of my life and made many of my friends that are still fabulous friends today while going to school there!!  It isn't the city that I love, but I love the town nonetheless!!!

I have to say one more thing before I finish this entry...I have the best family ever!!!  After I interviewed with the nurse manager of the ICU, I turned right around and called my aunt Diane!  She lives in a smaller town about 15 miles from Hays, so I asked her if I could stay at their farm during the days that I work, and she didn't even hesitate when she said yes!!!  So, yes...I am really going from ocean view to dirt road view...or even better CITY GIRL to FARM GIRL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment