Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Road Trip to Corpus Christi!!!!

Yelp, the road trip is behind me....THANK GOODNESS!!!  It was the longest drive of my entire life...usually I'm the one in the back seat sleeping the entire time, but instead this time, I was the one driving....I was never so glad to see Corpus Christi!!!!  Here are a few pictures of our road trip!!!

OKLAHOMA!!!!




While driving through Oklahoma, we stopped to see a great sorority sister and her cute little baby girl Avery!!!  We had lunch with them, and then hung out at Kellie's house for a few hours and watched little Avery sleep while sucking her thumb!!!  It brought back the good ole days when I sucked my thumb, actually it should have brough back the good ole years...I sucked my thumb for years...in fact until I was in the 6th grade!!! :)  Of course, little Avery was dressed in my favorite prints ever...ZEBRA!!!!!








After our visit with Kellie and Avery...we hit the road again!!!  I was never so glad to see TX!!!  However, after we crossed the border we still had a LONG way to go!!! 

After we got to Corpus Christi, we had to unload everything from my car...I forgot to take pictures of how loaded my car was...but it was packed!!!  I couldn't see out of the rear window, and I couldn't see my blind side on the passenger side of the car!!!  As we opened to car door, we were immediately slapped in the face with the humidity!!!  OMG!!!  I don't think was have sweat so much in my life while unloading my car.  For those of you that helped load my car and trailer in KC, that was nothing compared to here!!!  After we got everything unloaded we cooled off a bit, then hit the beach!!!

The USS Lexington and downtown Corpus Christi from the beach!!!
My condo from the beach!!!



The rest of the weekend, we just went out and had a good time!!  We meet some fun people!!!  Karisa has all the pictures of the nights out on the town, so as soon as I get them, I'll blog about them!!!

I have started my job, just been doing orientation stuff for the last 2 days, but tomorrow I start on the floor!!!  It seems like forever since I have actually done patient care, and I can't wait!!!  I'll also blog later on it, as I haven't really done anything yet!!! 
When are you planning your trip to come to TX and see me????? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allison! I am a fellow travel nurse thinking of aking an assignment in Corpus Christi. Any suggestions about housing? I would like to live on the beach. Did you like your condo? My email is lindsay198@gmail.com if you have time to respond.

    ReplyDelete