Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last Sunday in Corpus Christi: Super Bowl Sunday


As many of you know, I love NFL football!!!  Even though my Chiefs weren't in the Super Bowl, there wasn't a better way to spend my last day in Corpus Christi.   I was cheering on the Steelers because I have a special 12 year boy in South Dakota that is a Steelers fan when the Chiefs aren't playing.  However, I personally wasn't bummed when the Steelers lost.  I LOVED the halftime show as I am a big fan of the Black Eyed Peas, and of course, I drool over Usher!!! :)
The point of getting together for the Super Bowl wasn't about the football game, it was about spending time with the wonderful friends that I have made during my time in Corpus.  I will never forget the friends that I made there!!!  There is a reason that each one of them has entered my life and became a huge part of it!  As I drove home from Corpus on Monday, I was remincsing the last 6 months of my life...there were laughs, smiles, tears, and great memories!!!  It wasn't until I saw the lights of Oakley, KS that I really had a good cry, all I could think about was the life and friends that I had meet and became my "family".  They were the ones that let me vent to them, that I laughed with, that I made traditions with (like Tuesday night half price sushi), that opened their homes to me when I was stranded, that made me feel special on my birthday, that taught me many things about my career, and most importantly they treated me like I was one of them and not some travel nurse that came in from Kansas.  They took the chance to get to know me before putting a label on me and for that I am grateful!!!  Even though, I am super excited to continue my journey as a travel nurse, I will always remember the great experience I had in Corpus Christi.  I had a great experience because the people there made it great!!!!
To my fabulous Corpus friends: I know that I can count on you guys to be my friend when I need you, and you don't meet people like that everyday!!!!  Thank you so much for the fabulous I experience I had for my first assignment!  I couldn't have chosen any better of a place to have my first assignment!!  In Julie's words, "You truly spoiled me!"  I'm going to miss each and everyone of you!!!  Know that I will always have a place for you to stay in Delaware, so come visit me!!!  I miss you guys already!!! :)

Corina and I!!  This lady was like my mom away from home!!

Jackie, her son, and I

Rachael and I

All the girls...Jackie, me, Rachael, Julie, and Corina

The group!!!  Scott, Vince, Jackie, Joe, me, Rachael, Julie, and Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment