Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Round #4 = DUNZO!!!

AWWWW…I am finally done with round #4 of chemotherapy….but it's been a rough one.  This round hit me the hardest.  I think I even had Ian on his toes as he came home a couple days during lunch to check on me, and he never does that.  I was super exhausted on Wednesday and Thursday after my treatment…like I could not get off the couch and I am pretty sure that I slept 15+ hours those  days.  I also had bouts of vomitting with this treatment, which I haven't had before and well, they sucked!!!  Friday, I felt better, but was still super tired.  My cousin's from Kansas City came to town, and so it was good for me to get around and move about.  I didn't eat for about 3 days, but once I did, I certainly felt better and had more energy.  I am not going to let this cancer define what I do, and if that means pulling it together and going a long with the majority of the people…that is exactly what I will do.


My good friends Ting and Sabra went to me final round with me!!!  Ting showed up to be with me even after she fell at work and broke her knee cap….what a great friend she is!!

The next plan is to have a PET scan on July 18th at 8:30 am with a results appointment with my oncologist on July 20th to decide where we go from here!  Prayers for shrinkage of the tumor are in order for anyone that feels like they need to do something!  

Before my last chemo round, Ian and I traveled to my parents house for the 4th of July!  We had a great time as usual!  Ian played a ton of golf with my dad, and I spent a ton of time with my mom, sister, and nephew, and niece.  My dad loves 4th of July!  His neighbor and him have a show down as to who has the biggest and best fireworks, of course I'm bias, but it's a great show!!  


Ian and I are ready for the party to start!



These two sweet hearts have my whole heart!!  Love them to death!!!


Ian and I with Nora Jo and Owen!!  We sure look forward to seeing them and have so much fun with them!


My little sister's adorable little family!!!  They are the best!!!

I will go back to work this week and continue on with our daily life.  I am anxiously awaiting my scan and the results, but I will keep on going on as that is what I need to do!! 

Tonight as I go to bed, I will pray for my scans and that this chemo has been doing it's job,  I will pray for all the other cancer fighters that are going through these horrible side effects of chemo,  I will pray for my friend Ting, who had surgery on her knee yesterday,  I will thank him for having a loving family who calls everyday to make sure that I am ok, I will thank him for Ian, that man has gotten me through these last couple of days, I will thank him for the time that I got to spend with my cousins this weekend, and most importantly, I will thank him for him, like usual, I would not have been been able to get through these last couple of days if it wasn't for him to wrap his arms around me and whisper to me that everything is going to be ok!


No comments:

Post a Comment