Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home SWEET Home

After becoming extremely nervous that I wasn't going to get my Delaware nursing license on time, I have relaxed now knowing that the one thing that the board of nursing needed is in their hands!!!  I can now get excited about my trip to Delaware that will begin tomorrow!!!

HOME SWEET HOME....those words have ran through my head several times this last couple of weeks as I have been enjoying my time at home with my mom and dad!!!  These last two weeks have been the most relaxing two weeks I have experienced in a long time, and they are coming to an end tomorrow!  I know that I have said it time and time again, but my mom has got to be one of the most caring people in the world!!  Despite the fact that I'm 27 yrs. old, at times it felt like I was in high school again when I would ask questions like, what's for supper tonight, when are you doing laundry, is it ok if I go out with some of my friends tonight, are you going to the basketball games tonight, want to go get a pop and drive around...etc!  I LOVE IT!!!  Begin at home for 2 weeks, I have experience all types of weather, from a snow storm, to 70 degree weather, to 20 degree weather with extremely cold wind chill!! As I type this, I am sitting in the infamous chair that my sister and I fight over.  I will miss this chair terribly because as my dad said the other day, "I think you have a permanant butt mark on that chair." This time spent at home has been priceless, but I'm ready to get started on my next adventure!

I am leaving the big town of Oakley, KS tomorrow late morning and headed to see my sorority sister's in Lawerence for dinner, then on to KC and spending the evening and night with one of them!  Thursday morning, I will begin my trek across the US and hopefully make it it Columbus, OH or Wheeling, WV where I will stay the night and then continue on my journey on Friday until I hit Lewes, DE!!!  Yesterday, I got wind that I will be making this trip by myself...I was wishin', hopin', and prayin' that one of my best friends could road trip with me again, like she did when I went to Corpus Christi, but she wasn't able to get off work, so Delaware here I come...solo!!! 

The next post will probably be from the 4 walls of a hotel room in who knows what state (if I'm not too tried to post) or from the big city of Lewes, Delaware (being a little sarcastic as Lewes is not that big)!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment