Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 1999

I thought that I would end my night by blogging about a very special 12 year old boy who was born on this very day in 1999!!! Nicholas is my nephew, but my little brother all at the same time!  I remember the day that he was born like it was yesterday!  I was a freshman in high school and 15 years old!  I, myself was just a young one!!!  My parents wouldn't let my little sister or I go to the hospital with them, so Tori and I tried to stay up all night long.  We got a phone call at 7:00am telling us that instead of the beautiful little niece we were praying for we had a handsome little nephew named Nicholas Joseph Ahrens!  From that moment of he was light of our world!! When my mom and dad got home from the hospital to shower and catch up on some sleep since they were at the hospital all night long, I remember my mom saying, "he is the most beautiful baby I have ever see."  With him living with us we got to see him everyday and got to watch him as he literally grew up in the snap of our fingers.  The past 12 years of my life, I have been blessed with this amazing boy that has not only made my laugh until I cried, but has taught me some very important lessons!  He has no idea how big of a hole our family would have in it if he would never have become a part of it! 
I have dropped everything for this boy when he needed me and was happy to do it knowing that I was doing it for a boy that had become my world!  Even though he took a few tumbles down the stairs while under my watch, he became one of the brightest kids I know.  There are times when it seems like we fight like brother and sister, but Nicholas is one of those kids that you can't stay mad at so he always wins!  Nick, if your mom shows you this know that you are soooo special to me and you will always have that soft spot in my heart no matter how many nieces/nephews I have!!!!  I love you, buddy!!!
When I was home for Christmas we had a birthday party for Nick.  There hasn't been one of Nick's birthdays that we all haven't gotten together and celebrated, and this year makes it a first that we are all in different states.  So, we had to have a party for him.  We got him an ice cream cake and we went bowling for his birthday.  We had a blast, even though we were all sore the next day!

Nick and his basketball cake, he loves basketball!!!

His new KU hoodie!!!

This boy drinks so much mountain dew that I'm surprised he hasn't turned into mt. dew!!!

Nick getting ready to bowl!

Nick and Tori love their thumbs!!!

Mom and I!!

My baby sister and I

I love my sistas!!!

Little bunny Foo-Foo hoppin' through the forest!!!

Nick and his momma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment