Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

HATED running...

I have one week left until I run my second half marathon...
Something that I never thought I would ever do...
When I was in middle school, I did all the field events when I was on the track team...
I HATED running...
When I was in high school, I remember running 10 times around the gym and 10 times up and down the stairs, 3 times during each volleyball practice...
I HATED running...
When I was on the basketball team we were timed doing down & backs, and running lines...
I HATED running...
I dreaded each and every basketball practice with a passion because I knew I would run countless times up and down the court...
I HATED running...
It was no secret...I would have rather worked day in and day out than run...
I HATED running...

I would have rather worked day in and day out, until I found my place in the running world...
I have this need to run...
I have this want to run...
I have this desire to run...

I never thought that I would ever, in my entire life, admit that I love to run...
I LOVE to run....
My therapy when it seems like my head is going to explode...
I LOVE to run...
I may not be the fastest, but I finish...every.single.time...
I LOVE to run...
I may be in the worst mood ever, but I will always find time...
I LOVE to run...
My feet may be calloused and ugly...
I LOVE to run...
My knees may hurt every time I run over 5 miles...
I LOVE to run...
I may feel like I am going to die while running...
I LOVE to run...
I may stalk many blogs where all the readers are runners...
I LOVE to run...
I may not break my personal record...
I LOVE to run...

I have that love hate relationship with running....
I have had this kind of relationship with running my whole life.
I still have this kind of relationship with running...
There are time when I hate running and have to talk myself into it, but when I am running and finished running, I love the way I feel!
It's an amazing euphoria....

Here's to Rock n Roll-Denver!!!  


2 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I am with running!
    Growing up I dreaded ANY time I had to run.
    Now, I'm looking for the next half... :)
    Cheers to the Rock n Roll. You're going to rock IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desiree!!! I am ready for it to be here!!! I ran this morning in 35 degree weather while it was spitting snow...not sure I'm ready for that kind of weather!!! :)

      Delete